Our attorneys handle appeals in state courts, including the California Supreme Court, in federal courts and before administrative agencies. We frequently represent clients in appellate matters involving complex legal issues and issues of first impression.
We offer a broad range of appellate services, including evaluating the merits of a potential appeal; preparing the record on appeal; briefing and arguing the appeal; drafting and responding to amicus briefs; and working to ensure that issues are properly preserved for appeal.
We also have an extensive Writs practice having successfully represented public agencies in dozens of Writ of Mandate proceedings.
The following is a partial listing of published appellate opinions in cases briefed and argued by our attorneys:
- Cal. Charter Schools Assn. v. Los Angeles Unified School Dist. (2015) 60 Cal.4th 1221
- Westchester Secondary Charter School v. Los Angeles Unified School Dist. (2015) 237 Cal.App.4th 1226
- Sullivan v. Centinela Valley Union High School Dist. (2011) 194 Cal.App.4th 69
- Kolter v. Com. on Prof. Competence of the Los Angeles Unified School Dist. (2009) 170 Cal.App.4th 1348
- Titan Electric Corp. v. Los Angeles Unified School Dist. (2008) 160 Cal.App.4th 188
- State of California ex rel. Dockstader v. Hamby (2008) 162 Cal.App.4th 480
- D.F.P.F. Corp., dba Fine Line Construction and Christopher M. Colacicco, individually and dba Coast Painting – State of California Department of Industrial Relations, Case Nos. 06-0130-PWH and 06-0150-PWH (2008)
- Los Angeles Unified School Dist. v. Super. Ct. (City of Long Beach) (2007) 151 Cal.App.4th 759
- City of Stockton v. Super. Ct. (2007) 42 Cal.4th 730
- F&H Construction Co. v. Hartford Ins. Co. (2004) 118 Cal.App.4th 364
- Arntz Builders v. Super. Ct. (2004) 122 Cal.App.4th 1195
- Sanchez v. Swinerton & Walberg Co. (1996) 47 Cal.App.4th 1641
- Metcalf v. Investors Equity Life Ins. Co. (1996) 80 Haw. 339
- Houston General Ins. Co. v. T.A.C.X. (9th Cir. 1995) 70 F.3d 1278
- Todd Pacific Shipyards Corp. v. Director, Office of Workers Compensation Programs (Parvizi) (9th Cir. 1993) 999 F.2d 544
- 20th Century Ins. Co. v. Liberty Mutual Ins. Co. (1992) 965 F.2d 747
- Nash v. Fifth Amend. (1991) 228 Cal.App.3d 1106