OHSH was founded in 1997 by David Orbach and David Huff, joined by Sharon Suarez in 2004, and then by Phil Henderson in 2009.
We have developed a hands-on work style specializing in the representation of public agencies and developers in the planning, implementation and finalization of modernization, and ground-up construction programs. What this means is that we are as comfortable on the project site as we are in the courtroom. This comfort translates directly into tangible benefits for our clients.
Orbach Huff Suarez & Henderson LLP has been privileged to serve as counsel to our public agency clients on billions of dollars of public works and enjoyed being integral team members on these public service projects. By way of example, we:
- Obtained a defense judgment concerning a $300M action against a public agency client.
- Obtained a defense judgment concerning a $159M action against a public agency client.
- Obtained a dismissal of a $37M claim against a public agency client.
- Won a $4M judgment following a bench trial for a public agency client.
- Obtained a defense judgment concerning a $2.5M action against a public agency client.
- Obtained a defense judgment concerning a $2M action against a public agency client.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of a public agency client in a 200 parcel condemnation action.
- Successfully resolved over dozens of other litigation matters, writ proceedings and administrative hearings for public agency clients.
Other recent successes of the firm include successfully arguing an important issue of charter school law before the California Supreme Court and in another case obtaining an important published decision in the Court of Appeal related to a school district’s discretionary authority when navigating charter school matters.